The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note this bushfire has been downgraded
Time of issue: 08:03 PM
Date of issue: 14 November 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for north eastern parts of KUNUNURRA in SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in north eastern parts of the KUNUNURRA town site, including the Hidden Valley residential area and the eastern side of Weaber Plain Road, in SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY.
- The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as it is controlled and no longer impacting the community.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of VICTORIA HWY and CASUARINA WAY in KUNUNURRA.
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a north westerly direction.
- It is controlled but not contained.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
- The fire was reported at 04:26 PM on 14 November 2019.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.