The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under Bushfire Behaviour and What Firefighters are Doing
Time of issue: 08:29 PM
Date of issue: 25 January 2020
Bushfire ADVICE for western parts of PARADISE in the SHIRE OF DARDANUP
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Harris Road, Martin-Pelusey Road, Bell Road and Wireless Road in the western parts of PARADISE in the SHIRE OF DARDANUP.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near Harris Road in PARADISE.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Dardanup.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, patrolling the area and mopping up.
- The fire was reported at 02:19 PM on 25 January 2020.
- Currently there has been approximately 80 hectares burnt.
- The Shire of Dardanup is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.