The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
This is a new alert
Time of issue: 11:35 AM
Date of issue: 09 December 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for MAGENTA in SHIRE OF LAKE GRACE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Magenta Road to the west, Reserve Road to the south, Mallee Road to the east and Taylor Road, Giles Road and Nield Road to the north in MAGENTA in SHIRE OF LAKE GRACE.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near MAGENTA ROAD in MAGENTA.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is stationary.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF LAKE GRACE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
- The fire was reported at 08:21 PM on 6 December 2019.
- Shire of Lake Grace is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.