The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note updates to the warning area and incident information.
Time of issue: 02:29 PM
Date of issue: 01 May 2020
Structure Fire in parts of BODDINGTON, RANFORD, BANNISTER in the SHIRE OF BODDINGTON.
There is a Structure Fire on CROSSMAN RD before the intersection of RIVER ROAD in the SHIRE OF BODDINGTON. The structure contains products that are potentially producing toxic smoke and fumes.
People on CROSSMAN RD and surrounding areas may be impacted by smoke/fumes. People in the area should remain inside.
WHAT TO DO:
- As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
- People should stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
- People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency servcies personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Crossman Road
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of BODDINGTON.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
Updates will be issued if further information becomes available.