The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
This is a new alert
Time of issue: 10:43 AM
Date of issue: 17 June 2020
HAZMAT Fire in KUNUNURRA in the SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY.
There is a HAZMAT Fire on BANDICOOT DR near the intersection of RIVER GUM AVENUE in the SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY
The fire is currently producing large amounts of black smoke. Crews are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
People in the townsite of KUNUNURRA may be impacted by the smoke.
WHAT TO DO:
- As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
- People should stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
- People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
Updates will be issued if further information becomes available.