The following alert has been issued by the Parks and Wildlife Service at the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
Time of issue: 03:37 PM
Date of issue: 04 August 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for the eastern part of Moore River National Park in the SHIRE OF GINGIN
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in the vicinity of Whitfields Springs Road, west of the Brand Highway, in Moore River National Park in the SHIRE OF GINGIN.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the community in this area.
- Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF GINGIN.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
- Currently there has been 575 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is unknown.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.