The following alert has been issued by Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA.
Please note changes to Alert Area
Time of issue: 10:07 AM
Date of issue: 21 April 2020
Smoke Alert for between ROEBUCK and FITZROY CROSSING in the SHIRE OF BROOME and SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY
- A Smoke Alert has been issued for people travelling along Great Northern Highway between ROEBUCK ROADHOUSE and FITZROY CROSSING in the SHIRE OF BROOME and SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY.
- The smoke is the result of aerial controlled burning being carried out in the area.
- The smoke is expected to clear over the coming days.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Broome or Shire of Derby-West Kimberley.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
No further updates will be issued unless the situation changes.