The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 02:58 PM
Date of issue: 07 February 2020
Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for parts of HYDEN and northern parts of HOLT ROCK in SHIRE OF KONDININ and SHIRE OF KULIN
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in an area bounded by Hyden-Norseman Road, Holland Track, Hyden-Lake King Road and Lake O'Connor Road in parts of HYDEN and northern parts of HOLT ROCK in SHIRE OF KONDININ and SHIRE OF KULIN.
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you plan to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. You need to have access to an independent water supply, and start patrolling your property to put out spot fires.
- At all times close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a south westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
- There are possible thunderstorms forecast for the area today.
If you live in the affected area, leave in a southerly or westerly direction.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Hyden - Norseman Road
- Marvel Loch - Forrestania Road
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the SHIRE OF KONDININ.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
- Approximately 60 Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire and Emergency Services firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 12:37 PM on 6 February 2020.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- The Shire of Kondinin is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
Updates will be issued every two hours unless the situation changes.