This is an official notice from the Department of Fire and Emergency Services. It is essential that the words are not changed.
This is a new alert
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES).
Time of issue: 08:16 PM
Date of issue: 01 June 2019
Structure Fire in KALOORUP in the CITY OF BUSSELTON.
There is a Structure Fire on GALE RD near the intersection of NORTH JINDONG ROAD in the CITY OF BUSSELTON
There is a mobile property with a tyre stockpile fire, with potentially dangerous smoke blowing in a northerly direction.
People to the north of Gale Road may be impacted by smoke/fumes.
WHAT TO DO:
- As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
- People should stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
- People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel.
Road information may also be available by calling Main Roads WA on 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR City of Busselton.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- 30 volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- Firefighters are on the scene.
City of Busselton representatives and WAPOL are also in attendance.
- The cause of the incident is unknown
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
Updates will be issued if further information becomes available.