Please note changes under WHAT TO DO section
This is an emergency broadcast from the Department of Fire and Emergency Services. It is essential that the words are not changed.
Time of issue: 11:38 AM
Date of issue: 12 November 2019
Bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING for western part of BULLSBROOK in the CITY OF SWAN
A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in the western part of BULLSBROOK, near Ellenbrook Road, in the CITY OF SWAN.
- You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
- The alert level for this fire has been upgraded.
- Homes near ELLENBROOK ROAD are under threat by fire now.
- The fire started near ELLENBROOK ROAD in BULLSBROOK.
- It is too late to leave, leaving now would be deadly.
- You need to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
- Go to a room away from the fire front and make sure you can easily escape.
- Choose a room with two exits and water such as a kitchen or laundry.
- You must shelter before the fire arrives, as the extreme heat will kill you well before the flames reach you.
- Protect yourself by wearing long sleeves and trousers, made from cotton or wool, and strong leather boots.
- If your home catches on fire and the conditions inside become unbearable, you need to get out and go to an area that has already been burnt.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving in a westerly direction.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF SWAN.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
- The fire was reported at 10:50 AM on 12 November 2019.
- City of Swan is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or listen to news bulletins.
Updates will be issued every hour unless the situation changes.