The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 03:51 PM
Date of issue: 09 November 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for northern parts of GIDGEGANNUP in CITY OF SWAN
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people on or near North East Road in northern parts of GIDGEGANNUP in CITY OF SWAN.
- The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the fire has been extinguished.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of NORTH EAST RD in GIDGEGANNUP.
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF SWAN.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
State Emergency Service volunteers are also in attendance.
- The fire was reported at 12:17 PM on 9 November 2019.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.