The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under warning area sections, bushfire behaviour and extra information
Time of issue: 03:40 PM
Date of issue: 30 December 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for the eastern part of Yallingup in CITY OF BUSSELTON
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Wyadup Road, Injidup Spring Road, and the Injidup Strategic Firebreak .
- The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the fire is now contained and controlled..
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is stationary.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the CITY OF BUSSELTON.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, strengthening containment lines.
- The cause of the fire is suspicious/deliberately lit.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- City of Busselton is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.