The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
N/A This is a new alert
Time of issue: 01:53 PM
Date of issue: 29 December 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for NAPIER in the CITY OF ALBANY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people near Yungup and Chesterpass Roads in NAPIER in the CITY OF ALBANY.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of YUNGUP RD and CHESTER PASS RD in NAPIER.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a southerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
- Yungup Road, at the intersection of Chesterpass Road has been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the CITY OF ALBANY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on their way.
- 30 Bush Fire Service and Pastoralists firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 01:02 PM on 29 December 2020.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.