The following alert has been issued by Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA.
Time of issue: 01:22 PM
Date of issue: 22 August 2019
Smoke Alert for west of the Great Northern Highway and Camballin Road intersection in the Shire of Derby-West Kimberley
- A Smoke Alert has been issued for people in the vicinity of the Great Northern Highway and Camballin Road intersection in the Shire of Derby-West Kimberley.
- The smoke is the result of a bushfire burning in the area.
- The smoke is expected to clear over the coming days.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Shire of Derby-West Kimberley.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued unless the situation changes.