The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 10:52 AM
Date of issue: 27 July 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for northern part of KING LEOPOLD RANGES in the SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Derby-Gibb River Road in the vicinity of Mount Barnett Homestead and Roadhouse in the northern part of KING LEOPOLD RANGES in the SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near MOUNT BARNETT AIRFIELD in KING LEOPOLD RANGES.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Some local tourist attractions may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 03:35 PM on 26 July 2019.
- Pastoralists are managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.