The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under Bushfire Behaviour, What Firefighters are Doing and Extra Information sections
Time of issue: 03:56 PM
Date of issue: 08 November 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for the Brockman Two minesite south of Hamersley Range in the Shire of Ashburton
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people near the Brockman Two minesite south of Hamersley Range in the Shire of Ashburton.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of Mount Brockman Road.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is stationary.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Ashburton.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- Rio Tinto ERT firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 12:48 PM on 2 November 2019.
- Currently there has been 7,500 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is accidental.
- DFES, Rio Tinto and FMG is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.