The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes throughout
Time of issue: 11:06 AM
Date of issue: 02 November 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for southern part of NEWMAN in SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in the vicinity of the Great Northern Highway and Marble Bar Road intersection, and near the BHP railway line.
- The bushfire that was burning in the area has been extinguished.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
- Drive with caution if travelling in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are no longer on the scene.
- The fire was reported at 03:17 PM on 1 November 2019.
- Shire of East Pilbara is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.