The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 10:12 AM
Date of issue: 30 November 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for eastern part of BURAMINYA in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling on the Balladonia Track in the eastern part of BURAMINYA in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a northerly direction.
- It is controlled but not contained.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Esperance.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 11:00 AM on 24 November 2019.
- Currently there has been 3000 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is accidental.
- Shire of Esperance is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.