The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes to alert level
Time of issue: 05:09 PM
Date of issue: 04 April 2020
Rubblish Fire in in the Quinns Quarry Mine Landfill Site in Neerabup in the City of Wanneroo controlled-contained.
The Rubblish Fire in NEERABUP is now contained and under control
WHAT TO DO:
The Rubbish Fire at the Quinns Quarry Mine Landfill Site on Hester Avenue in Neerabup in the City of Wanneroo has been extinguished.
People in the area bounded by Hester Avenue to the Mitchell Freeway to Neerabup Road to Connolly Drive will no longer be impacted by smoke/fumes.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the City/Shire of (Name).
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation’s Pollution Response Unit is providing technical support to DFES
- The incident was reported at 04/04/2020 10:45:00.
- The cause of the incident is unknown
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
Updates will be issued if further information becomes available.