The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 04:13 PM
Date of issue: 08 October 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for southern parts of Drysdale River in the Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Kalumburu Road, near Drysdale River Station, between the Drysdale River Homestead and the Doongan Station turn-off in southern parts of Drysdale River in the Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a south westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists be aware of pastoralists conducting operations on Kalumburu Road.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation by conducting aerial surveillance.
- Pastoralist firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 01:47 PM on 30 September 2019.
- Currently there has been 130,000 hectares burnt.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.