The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 03:32 PM
Date of issue: 16 February 2020
Bushfire ADVICE for parts of the SHIRES OF DUNDAS, KULIN, KONDININ, LAKE GRACE, NAREMBEEN AND YILGARN
A bushfire ADVICE is in place for people in an area bounded by South Coast Highway to the south, Newdegate-Ravensthorpe Road to the west, Hyden-Lake King Road and Marvel Loch-Forrestania Road to the east and Dunbar Road, Emu Fence Road, Cramphorne Road to the north in parts of VARLEY, LAKE TAY MINE SITES, HOLT ROCK, JERDACUTTUP, FORRESTANIA, HOPETOUN, HATTER HILL, LAKE CAMM, RAVENSTHORPE, MOUNT MADDEN, LAKE KING, MUNGLINUP and the western parts of FRANK HANN NATIONAL PARK, in or near the eastern parts of NAREMBEEN, including the communities of MOUNT WALKER, CRAMPHORNE, WOOLOCUTTY, MARVEL LOCH, HOLLETON, SOUTH BODALLIN, SKELETON ROCK, DULYALBIN, PARKER RANGE, SOUTH YILGARN, MOUNT HAMPTON, and MOUNT HOLLAND, HOLLETON, SKELETON ROCK, HYDEN in the SHIRES OF DUNDAS, KULIN, KONDININ, NAREMBEEN, LAKE GRACE, RAVENSTHORPE AND YILGARN.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is stationary.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads are no longer closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting your local Shire.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 12:37 PM on 6 February 2020.
- Currently there has been 264,000 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- Shire of Kondinin is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.