You can also read all previous news items in our News Archive
Nominations for State Emergency Service Awards closing May 4
The annual SES Volunteer Awards night recognises the significant role played by SES Volunteers in the delivery of emergency services in Western Australia. The annual SES Awards night relies on having a number of nominations for each category to make it a worthwhile and fun night.
The nominations for these annual SES awards will close on May 4 2016.
There are three categories;
- Peter Keillor Award – demonstrating a high level of dedication and commitment to the SES.
- Team Achievement Award – outstanding results in a particular area.
- Youth Achievement Award – a Volunteer (16/25) years who has made a valuable contribution to their Unit.
The nominations form and more information can be found at this link. http://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/newsandmedia/awards/Documents/14413-SES-EDITAB...
Or contact the SESVA Secretary Lin Booth or myself at email@example.com if you require further information or some assistance.
The SES Volunteers Association encourages as many nominations as possible in recognition of the excellent work done by SES Volunteers.
Please consider nominating a team or Volunteer from your unit.
SESVA President Gordon Hall says it’s time to nominate your volunteers for this year “SES Awards” as nominations are Now Open and it’s time to act. Gordon said as "we know SES volunteers play an integral part in the safety of our communities and these awards help recognise outstanding SES volunteers, either individually or as a team, who have gone above and beyond what is expected of them".
I encourage Units to nominate their SES volunteers for these prestigious Awards.
The awards are in the following categories:
- Peter Keillor Award – Recognising a volunteer who has gone beyond the call of duty in demonstrating a high level of commitment to the SES.
- Team Achievement Award – Recognising a unit or team that has initiated a new idea, worked collectively to achieve outstanding results in a particular area, or undertaken a community awareness project
- Youth Achievement Award – Recognising a volunteer 25 years or younger who has made an outstanding contribution to the SES.
All nominees must be active, operational members of their SES unit.
Download the nomination form at: http://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/newsandmedia/awards/Documents/DFES_Awards-2016...
Nominations close Wednesday the 4th of May 2016