Issued in the last 24 hours
The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under Alert Level and Extra Information sections.
Time of issue: 10:04 AM
Date of issue: 31 May 2020
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for Great Northern Highway, north of Munjina Roadhouse, in parts of MARBLE BAR in the TOWN OF PORT HEDLAND
An ALL CLEAR advice is in place for people on or near Great Northern Highway, 40 kilometres north of Munjina Roadhouse in parts of MARBLE BAR in the TOWN OF PORT HEDLAND.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the area.
- Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the TOWN OF PORT HEDLAND.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 01:06 PM on 30 May 2020.
- Currently there has been 58 hectares burnt.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
No further updates will be issued.